This innovative initiative financially assists the already established clubs in the Glasgow region and promotes the creation of new clubs. It is a comprehensive scheme which aims:
- to help the creation of new formally constituting Touch clubs within the Glasgow area,
- to support the existing formally constituted Touch clubs in the Glasgow area,
- to provide targets for the clubs to achieve in order to develop the sport and increase participation.
The scheme has 5 different categories / packages with differing qualifying criteria and benefits corresponding to each category. In order to achieve any of the categories for help, the clubs need to fulfil certain criteria in terms of management of the club and participation numbers.
The GTA, as a not-for-profit organisation, is fully committed to support financially all areas of the sport from refereeing to elite players. This proposal is the latest of a series of schemes that the GTA has already funded and will continue to fund such as:
- Yearly payments to all international players from Glasgow (approx. 16 players last season)
- All referee courses for Glasgow referees fully funded.
- All coaching courses for Glasgow coaches fully funded.
- Beginner’s tournaments grants.
This new scheme adds to the initiatives mentioned above and it will be further complemented with other proposals during the forthcoming season.